Low Carb Citrus Tea Cookie Recipe
Calling all citrus lovers! This one is for you. Choose between orange or lemon zest to add to your Keto and Co shortbread cookies and you'll have a refreshing treat that will satisfy all of your cravings. We know it's a hard decision so why not make them both?
What You'll Need:
- 1 Cup butter (2 sticks), softened (for cookie preparation)
- 1 Large egg, beaten (for cookie preparation)
- 1 tsp orange or lemon zest
- Parchment paper
- Rolling pin
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease or line a baking sheet
2. Combine cookie mix, butter, orange/lemon zest and egg in a medium, mixing bowl and stir until smooth dough forms
3. Roll dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper to 1/4" thick
4. Cut into 16 3-inch rounds and place on baking sheet
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned
Cool cookies completely on pan before serving. Refrigerate or freeze leftover cookies for best texture.
- Keto and Co