Easy and Delicious Keto Red Velvet Cupcakes With Buttercream Frosting
We LOVE Valentine's Day as much as we LOVE these delightfully low-carb Red Velvet Cupcakes baked and decorated by Joyce @liftingiscake. Best part? With our Keto Cake and Frosting Mixes, you can whip up treats for you and your sweetie in no time!
What You'll Need:
- Electric mixer
Ingredients for Cake Mix:
- 1/2 Tsp cider vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 6 Tbsp butter (3/4 stick), melted
- Red food coloring
Note: You can also use Keto and Co's Vanilla Cake Mix, add in red food coloring and 2 1/2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder.
Ingredients for Frosting Mix:
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice or 1/2 Tbsp cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cup butter (3 sticks), softened
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease or line a cupcake tin.
2. Beat cake mix, eggs, and butter in mixing bowl until smooth (if using Vanilla Keto Cake Mix, mix in cocoa powder)
3. Let batter sit for 30 seconds, then stir in cider vinegar
4. Add food coloring until red velvet color is achieved (like the picture)
5. Spread batter evenly in a prepared cupcake tin. Bake lightly browned: 15-20 minutes
6. Let cool completely in pan before removing and frosting
1. Combine frosting mix and 5 Tbsp water in a small saucepan to make a thick paste
2. Cook mixture over low heat, stirring constantly until it becomes smooth, thick, and edges begin to bubble (190-200 F). Remove from heat
3. Add lemon juice or cream of tartar and stir to combine. Cover and cool to room temperature
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, vanilla, and salt with an electric mixer
5. Add frosting mixture to butter and whip until light and smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally
14. Once cupcakes cool, add frosting!
We hope you enjoy this delicious treat with your loved one on Valentine's Day.
- Keto and Co