How to Make Keto Santa Hat Cupcakes!
Santa is coming to town! We're drooling over this delicious holiday treat that our taste buds just can't resist. These Keto Santa Hat Cupcakes are fun and sweet desserts that the kid in you will love and won't bust your low carb diet!
What You'll Need:
- Electric mixer
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice or 1/2 Tbsp cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cup butter (3 sticks), softened
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 6 Tbsp butter (3/4), melted
- 1/2 tsp cider vinegar
- 9 whole strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease cupcake tin. Batter will make 9 cupcakes
2. Beat cake mix, eggs, and butter in mixing bowl until smooth
3. Let batter sit 30 seconds, then stir in cider vinegar
4. Pour batter evenly between 9 cupcake molds
5. Bake until lightly browned: 15-20 minutes for cupcakes
6. Let cool completely in pan before removing and frosting
7. Combine frosting mix and 5 Tbsp water in a small saucepan to make a thick paste
8. Cook mixture over low heat, stirring constantly until it becomes smooth, thick, and white and edges begin to bubble (190-200 F). Remove from heat
9. Add lemon juice or cream of tartar and stir to combine. Cover and cool to room temperature
10. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, vanilla and salt with an electric mixer
11. Add frosting mixture to butter mixture and whip until light and smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally
12. Frost cooled cupcakes and cut off the head of strawberries (removing leaves) and place strawberry upside down on the cupcake (see picture for reference)
13. Top strawberries with a small amount of frosting to make a pom-pom on the hat.
Have a great holiday!
- Keto and Co