Keto Snacks You Can Buy And Serve At Your Next Party
Having the best keto snacks at your next gathering will make you the hit of the party, no matter if your guests follow the keto lifestyle or not. At Keto and Co, we believe that everyone should have access to healthy, delicious, and nutritious food, whether they follow a keto diet or not. Check out some of these snacks and recipes for your next party!
Related: Keto Corn Dog Recipe
Snacking on keto whole foods is a great way to keep your guests satisfied while keeping it healthy. With basically no preparation required, the basic keto staples are your best friend here. Items like olives, nuts, and cheeses can often be served as small snacks by themselves. Hard-boiled eggs are another great option and can be offered with mayo, cream cheese, or any of your favorite keto dips. Protein-packed foods like a cold-cut platter or fresh bacon slices are some other excellent keto-friendly snacks that your friends and family will love.
Keto Veggies and Dips
Delicious, low carb vegetables are a great option to serve your guests, and they can be paired with several tasty, healthy dips. Celery and cucumbers are some of the lowest carb veggies that you can offer at your party. Yellow, red, and green peppers have a slightly higher carb load but are still a healthy choice, albeit in lower servings. Carrot sticks are another option, but with their higher amount of carbs than the other vegetables, keep the portion sizes small. Try pairing your veggie trays with sour cream, cream cheese, or your favorite keto-friendly dipping sauce.
Keto Berries and Cream
Small amounts of fresh or frozen berries won’t harm your keto diet, but make sure to eat them in moderation. Remember that some berries, especially blueberries, have higher carbs that can sneak up on you quickly. Raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries are the best lower carb options for fruit snacks. If you want to turn your berry party platter into something a little extra special, try adding a small amount of heavy whipping cream on top of the berries. The carbs from berries can add up quickly, so be sure not to overdo it, no matter how delicious.
On your keto journey, it’s perfectly alright to enjoy a small amount of chocolate now and then. Like many other decadent treats, moderation is key. There are so many chocolate options out there, but which ones are the most keto-friendly? We suggest high-quality chocolate that is at least 70% cocoa, the higher percentage, the better. Milk chocolate and white chocolate should be avoided, as they have a much higher net carb load. You should steer clear from dark chocolate that is under 70% cocoa for the same reasons. Like adding whipped cream to the berries, you can shave off small pieces of chocolate over the cream to make it go a little bit further.
Other Keto Snacks
There are many snacks that you can enjoy while following a keto diet. These are a few of our favorites, but as long as it’s low carb, tastes good, and is healthy, feel free to serve other items as well!
Low Carb Corn Dog
There’s nothing more mouth-watering than a freshly made corn dog at the comfort of your own home. This nostalgic and healthy snack is made with Keto Pancake and Waffle Mix, along with eggs, nut milk, butter, oil, and other ingredients. Don't forget to place it in a 350-degree oven for 25 minutes, and you will have an unforgettable snack.
Keto Flatbread Bruschetta
Summertime celebrations are not the same without a refreshing tomato dish. Combine tomatoes, basil, Keto Flatbread and Pizza Bread mix, and you got a taste of heaven. The Keto Flatbread Bruschetta is a classic appetizer that you will enjoy all summer long!
Jerky can be a great snack choice, but only if you check the nutrition label first. Many brands have additives and are higher on the carb side of things. Make sure to check the nutrition label and find some beef jerky without added sugar or a high number of carbs.
Biltong is a South African classic. Being a dried, spiced meat, it is similar to jerky but generally does not have any added sugars. Typically marinated in only vinegar, spice, and salt, biltong can be a great, more keto-friendly, alternative to beef jerky. It’s also not that difficult to make at home!
Also known as chicharrones, pork rinds are fantastic for satisfying a crunchy, salty craving. Do you know what the best part about these tasty treats is? They contain zero carbs. For carb-free party foods, you can’t go wrong with these crispy snacks.
Keto Snack Mistakes
There are a few snack foods that you should avoid serving at your parties. We talked about berries, but most other fruits are very high in carbs; one banana is a whole day worth of carbs for someone on the keto diet! Cashews are one of the nuts that you should eat in moderation; they are chock full of carbs. Sports drinks and juices are full of sugar and should also be taken in small amounts. Any drinks made with milk contain a lot of carbs too, and should probably not be served. Other foods to be cautious about are potato chips, candy, and most bakery sweets.
Keto Snacks On The Go
There are plenty of choices when it comes to small, convenient snack foods. Try some of these options:
- Add some cucumber, radish, or celery to a small piece of cheese. You can also wrap this in lettuce.
- A rolled-up slice of cheese with a bit of butter.
- Parmesan crisps topped with a little slice of butter.
- Lettuce or cucumber with some mayo on top.
- Celery with cream cheese, peanut butter, or any soft cheeses.
- Bacon spread with natural peanut butter.
- A spoonful of coconut oil or butter mixed in with a hot drink.
- Cheese and salami paired together.
Some of these combinations may sound slightly bizarre, but don’t knock it ‘til you try it!
Related: Healthy Keto Lunchables Recipe
Creative Keto Party Snacks
These are some of our favorite keto-friendly recipes that we would like to share with you. All of these adhere to our values of providing low carb, delicious, and nutritious food to everyone embracing the keto lifestyle. But, you don’t even need to be following a keto diet to enjoy these tasty snacks!
Keto Pigs In a Blanket
These are a quick, easy, and delicious low carb snack perfect for serving to your guests. It’s hard to go wrong with sausages wrapped in bacon! To make these, you will need:
- 16 low carb beef or pork sausages
- 16 slices of bacon
- About ⅓ cup of keto-friendly barbecue sauce
These can be made quickly in three easy steps:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and start wrapping the sausages with the bacon slices.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then remove them from the oven and baste with BBQ sauce.
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes and they will be ready to serve after cooling down!
Craving for something sweet and decadent? Check out our Keto Baking Mix Kit today!
Keto Cookie Dough
Everyone loves cookie dough. Here is how to make some that are delicious, keto-friendly, and safe to eat raw! To make these, you will need to have:
- 1 cup of (almond) flour
- 3 tbs. of your favorite keto sweetener
- 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. of heavy cream
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- ¼ cup of sugar-free chocolate chips
And the three easy steps to make these are:
- Mix everything besides the chocolate chips.
- After they are well combined, stir in the chocolate.
- Roll into balls and let cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
That’s it, enjoy!
This is as tasty as it is simple to make. Be warned; you will need to start preparing this recipe about a day before you are planning on serving these snacks. There is only one ingredient required to make these: pre-sliced cheddar cheese. To make this “popcorn,” you will need to:
- Cut the cheese into ¼ inch squares.
- Place the cheese onto a parchment paper-lined sheet and cover it with a clean towel.
- Let the cheese dry out for about 24 hours.
- After it has dried out, bake for 3-5 minutes at 390 degrees.
Keto Coconut Blondies
These gluten, dairy, and nut-free vanilla brownies are an excellent low-carb dessert to serve at any party! For these, you will need:
- 4 and ½ oz. of melted coconut oil & coconut butter
- 3 oz. of your favorite keto sweetener
- 1 oz. of (coconut) flour
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup of coconut flakes (unsweetened)
Like all of the recipes we are showing you today, these are also really easy to make!
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper
- Mix the coconut oil and butter.
- Add in the sweetener, flour, baking powder, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the eggs and mix until smooth.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Keto Fat Bombs
Easy to make, high in fat, and low in carbs, these delicious “fat bombs” are a keto fan-favorite. To make them gather:
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. of cocoa powder
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 2 tbsp. of your preferred sweetener
- ⅓ cup of shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Mix all ingredients besides the coconut oil and shredded coconut.
- Add in the coconut and oil. Let the mixture cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll into balls (about 1 tbs. for each ball)
- Let them set in the fridge for about an hour before serving.
Keto Strawberry Smoothie
Nutritious, delicious, and low carb, these smoothies are about as good as it gets! To make these cool, refreshing drinks, you will need:
- 3 cups of (almond) milk
- 2 strawberries
- 2 scoops of vanilla collagen powder
- 1 tbsp. of chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. of heavy cream
- 2 tsp. of vanilla
- 2 tsp. of your favorite sweetener
To make these, simply combine all of the ingredients in your blender and blend until everything is combined. You’ll fall in love with how tasty and easy to make these are!
Keto Chicken Wings
Who says that you can’t enjoy chicken wings on a diet? Not us. This is the best way to make low carb, tasty wings! And it only takes a few ingredients:
- 2 lbs. of chicken wings
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- ½ tsp. of salt
- ½ tsp. of pepper
- 3 oz. of tallow
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Let the chicken wings marinade in the salt, pepper, and garlic for about 15 minutes.
- Melt the tallow in a large pan.
- Fry the wings in the tallow for about eight minutes per side.
- Check that they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove from the pan and serve with the lemon wedges.
Keto Jello Cheesecake
Sugar-free, low carb, and no baking required. It doesn’t get much better than this cheesecake. To make this even easier, prepare a packet of sugar-free lime and strawberry jello beforehand. After that, you will need:
- About 16 keto shortbread cookies
- 3 ½ oz. of unsalted butter (melted)
- 16 oz. of cream cheese
- ⅔ cup of your favorite sweetener
- 12 oz. of heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice
- ⅓ cup of water (boiling)
- 3 tsp. of gelatin powder
- Blend the shortbread cookies into crumbs and mix in the melted butter.
- Pour into a spring-form tin and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Blend your sweetener, cream cheese, heavy cream, and lemon juice.
- Dissolve the gelatin powder in the boiling water and stir them together.
- Take the base out of the fridge and add ⅓ of the jello.
- Add half of the cheesecake mix, another ⅓ of jello, followed by the remaining cheesecake mix and jello.
- Let it set in the fridge for 4 hours.
Keto Pan Pizza
Delicious, keto-friendly pizza in less than fifteen minutes? Yes, it is possible, and we’re going to show you how to make it! All you will need is:
- 2 oz. of pepperoni
- 3 sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar
- A little oregano
- 2 tbsp. of keto marinara sauce
To make these pizzas:
- Broil the pepperoni and mushrooms for 3-5 minutes.
- Spread the mozzarella and cheddar in a non-stick frying pan on high heat and sprinkle the oregano on top.
- Spread the marinara sauce on top, then add the pepperoni and mushrooms.
- When the cheese is golden brown, slide the pizza out of the pan and allow it to cool before slicing.
We hope that you get the chance to try out some of these recipes so you can see just how good they are! Let us know which ones you enjoyed, and feel free to share your favorite keto-friendly recipes with us. Don’t forget to come see us at Keto and Co for all of your ketogenic food and snack needs!
Related: Keto Graham Cracker Recipe
- Keto and Co