Keto Shrimp & Grits
Ingredients You'll Need:
- 1 Bag of Keto and Co Plain Hot Breakfast
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 4 egg
- 1 tbsp oil/fat of your choice for shrimp -- if you have any leftover bacon fat, I highly recommend using!
- 8 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chopped yellow onion.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put 8 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl, then add 8 tbsp Plain Hot Breakfast Mix (in a medium bowl)
- Add 4 cup water, stir
- Microwave high 2-3 minutes, stir then let sit 1 minute
- Wash and pat dry the peeled and de-veined shrimp. In a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil of choice, onion and chopped garlic clove. Allow onion and garlic to become fragrant, taking care not to burn.
- Add shrimp, cooking for about 2 minutes on each side, until shrimp are pink and begin to curl. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne and paprika.
- Once Hot Breakfast is done, stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate pan, Add 1 tbsp butter over medium heat. Crack 4 eggs and cook for about 3 minutes, or until the whites are firm but yolk is runny.
- Move the "grits" into a large serving bowl. Top with shrimp, and then finish with fried eggs. Season with salt and pepper and top with fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy.
- Elyse Mullins