One bite of these extra savory and gourmet grilled cheeses and you’ll never want another regular grilled cheese again! Sandwiched in between our crispy Keto Flatbread, enjoy these 3 gourmet keto grilled cheese sandwiches with a bowl of your favorite soup! Recipe + photo by @cleaneaterr
What You’ll Need for the Keto Flatbread:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Flatbread and Pizza Mix
-4 Tbsp butter, softened
-1 cup of lukewarm water
What You’ll Need for the Pesto Caprese Grilled Cheese:
-1 slice provolone cheese
-2 slices mozzarella cheese
-1 tomato, sliced
-2 Tbsp pesto
What You’ll Need for the Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese:
-2 slices pepper jack cheese
-2 slices of cooked bacon
-1 avocado, sliced
What You’ll Need for the Gouda and Prosciutto Grilled Cheese:
-2 slices of gouda cheese
-2 slices of prosciutto
-1-2 Tbsp sugar free jam of your choice
-A small handful of arugula
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine Keto and Co Flatbread Mix, 1 cup lukewarm water, butter and eggs in a medium mixing bowl and stir until smooth dough forms.
- Roll dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper to ¼” - ⅓” thick.
- Cut into 12 4” squares and place on a baking sheet. (Optional: Let rise 1 hour for best flavor)
- Bake for 15 minutes. While it is baking, gather your ingredients for your sandwiches.
- While the bread is warm, start assembling the sandwiches.
- For your Pesto Caprese Grilled Cheese, spread pesto on one slice of Keto Flatbread, then top with mozzarella, provolone and a few slices of tomato.
- For your Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese, lay down your pepper jack cheese, then top with bacon, avocado.
- For your Gouda and Prosciutto Grilled Cheese, spread your sugar-free jam on one slice of Keto Flatbread, then top with arugula, gouda and prosciutto.
- Eat each sandwich as is or sear each side quickly on the stove top to melt your cheese and enjoy!