Calling all citrus lovers! This one is for you. Choose between orange or lemon zest to add to your Keto and Co shortbread cookies and you'll have a refreshing treat that will satisfy all of your cravings. We know it's a hard decision so why not make them both?
What You'll Need:
- 1 Cup butter (2 sticks), softened (for cookie preparation)
- 1 Large egg, beaten (for cookie preparation)
- 1 tsp orange or lemon zest
- Parchment paper
- Rolling pin
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease or line a baking sheet
2. Combine cookie mix, butter, orange/lemon zest and egg in a medium, mixing bowl and stir until smooth dough forms
3. Roll dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper to 1/4" thick
4. Cut into 16 3-inch rounds and place on baking sheet
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned
Cool cookies completely on pan before serving. Refrigerate or freeze leftover cookies for best texture.