This creamy pie will be your new go-to low carb dessert for all of your seasonal festivities! The perfect combination of sweet and tart, and not to mention a cookie crust! This naturally sweetened treat will complete your holiday table. Recipe + photo by @thelowcarbcontessa
What You’ll Need for the Crust:
-¾ stick of unsalted butter, melted
What You’ll Need for the Filling:
-12 oz bag of fresh or frozen cranberries
-Wondrose Sugar Replacer divided into 2 cups + ½ cup
-3 large eggs
-2 large egg yolks
-1 tsp lime zest, finely grated
-1 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
-½ cup fresh lime juice
-1½ sticks unsalted butter, cut into large pieces, room temperature
-Pinch of salt
-Optional: Whipped cream for serving
- Heat oven to 350° F and prepare Keto and Co Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix according to directions on the back of the package.
- Press the prepared cookie dough evenly into a 9” pie plate and using a fork, make several holes in the bottom of the crust.
- Bake the cookie crust for 12-15 minutes. Set the crust on a cooling rack to cool.
- Next, begin to prepare the cranberry-lime custard by bringing the cranberries, 2 cups of Wondrose, and ¼ cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the cranberries burst and most of the liquid has evaporated, approximately 12–15 minutes.
- Purée the mixture with an immersion blender, blender, or food processor. (You can blend completely smooth, or leave a bit of texture)
- Add cranberry purée, eggs, egg yolks, lemon zest, lime zest, lime juice, salt, ½ cup Wondrose, to a heatproof bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Hover the bowl over a pan of simmering water and cook, stirring and scraping down sides of bowl often until curd thickens and can coat a spoon or spatula for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat, set aside and allow to cool.
- Using an electric mixer on medium-high, begin adding in the butter one piece at a time, beating to incorporate after each addition.
- Scrape the custard into the prepared cookie crust and chill until firm, about 2 hours, or overnight.
- Serve with whipped cream, fresh cranberries and enjoy!