Crisp and crunchy outside, filled with perfectly spiced beef, juicy tomatoes, and creamy avocados, every bite will be more flavorful than the last. These low-carb taco cups are a fun and easy twist for your next taco night! Recipe + photo by @cleaneaterr
What You’ll Need:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Flatbread and Pizza Mix
-1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
-1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
-1 small onion, chopped
-3 garlic cloves, minced
-1 lb ground beef
-1 tsp chili powder
-1/2 tsp ground cumin
-1/2 tsp paprika
-Kosher salt to taste
-Freshly ground black pepper to taste
-Sour cream, for serving
-Diced avocado, for serving
-Freshly chopped cilantro, for serving
-Chopped tomatoes, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine Keto and Co Flatbread Mix, 1 cup lukewarm water, butter and eggs in a medium mixing bowl and stir until smooth dough forms. Let the dough sit for a few moments.
- Roll dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper to ¼” - ⅓” thick.
- Line 6 slots in your muffin tin with parchment paper. Separate your dough into 6 balls.
- Using your dough, spread evenly throughout the muffin mold until it takes on a cup-like shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes and set aside to let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add your onion and cook, stirring occasionally until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and ground beef, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon. Cook until beef is no longer pink, then drain the fat.
- Return meat to skillet and season with chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer flatbread cups to a serving platter. Fill each cup with cooked ground beef and top with sour cream, avocado, tomatoes and cilantro!
Makes 12 taco cups Each cup has:
Net carbs: 3.0g