The only thing better than an oreo is a fried oreo! Now you can enjoy your favorite fair treat, low carb and sugar free. Made with keto friendly ingredients and in an air fryer, this recipe won’t disappoint! Recipe + photo by @ketobydesign
What You’ll Need for the “Oreo” Cookies:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Keto Shortbread Mix
-1 cup of butter, softened
-1 egg, beaten
-¼ cup of black cocoa powder
What You’ll Need for the “Oreo” Cookie Filling:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Buttercream Frosting
-1 Tbsp lemon juice or 1/2 Tbsp of cream of tartar
-3 sticks of butter
-1 Tbsp vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp salt
What You’ll Need for the Batter:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Keto Pancake and Waffle Mix
-2 Tbsp of nut milk or water
-3 eggs, beaten
-1 Tbsp of oil
- Combine the Keto and Co Shortbread Mix, butter, egg and black cocoa powder in a medium mixing bowl and stir until smooth dough forms.
- Roll out cookies to 1/4" thick and cut into 2" round cookies.
- Cook at 350F for 10-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- While the cookies are baking, make the Keto and Co Keto Buttercream Frosting according to the instructions on the back of the packaging.
- When the cookies are cooled, make cookie sandwiches by adding buttercream frosting to one side of the cookie and adding another on top. Set aside.
- Make one serving of the Keto and Co Pancake and Waffle Mix according to the back of the package.
- Fill the bottom of a round silicone mold with a layer of the pancake batter. You can even use a cupcake mold or individual ramekins, as long as they fit into your air fryer and you can easily remove the contents (I find the silicone material works best).
- After the layer of pancake mix is in your container, place the oreo cookie in and then cover with another spoonful of batter.
- Place your batter covered oreos in the air fryer at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Flip the covered cookie over halfway through the cook time.
- After cooking, both sides should be golden and crisp! Cover with some powdered sugar substitute and enjoy! Best while eaten warm!