These hot chocolate cookie cups are perfect for cold winter days or a fun, low carb holiday treat to bring to your parties, cookie exchanges and dinners this month! Recipe + photo by @cleaneaterr
What You’ll Need for the Cups:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix
-3/4 stick of unsalted butter, melted
-Mini muffin pan
What You’ll Need for the Filling:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Dark Chocolate Decadent Dessert
-2 cups of almond milk
-2 Tbsp of butter
-1/4 cup of heavy cream
- First prepare your filling. Combine Keto and Co Decadent Dessert Mix with 1 cup of almond milk, stir. Wait 3 minutes, then stir until smooth.
- Heat mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until there are no visible granules (3-5 minutes). Do not boil.
- Remove from heat, add butter (or coconut oil) and stir until blended. Stir in 1 additional cup almond milk and ¼ cup heavy cream (or more almond milk).
- Pour into medium bowl. Cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- When your filling is cooled, begin to make your cups by preheating your oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine your Keto and Co Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix with 3 eggs and 3/4 stick of melted butter until smooth dough forms.
- Using a small cookie scoop (.68 oz or smaller), scoop dough into a mini muffin pan. Using your fingers gently push it into the cup.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Immediately after removing the cookies from the oven, take the end of a wooden spoon (or something similar) and gently re-form the “cup shape” by widening the center and flattening the bottom of the cup.
- Bake for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool completely.
- Once cooled, use the end of a knife to gently pop out the cookie cups (you may have to gently twist them, but they should easily pop out).
- Just before serving, divide the chocolate filling between the cups.
- Add mini sugar-free marshmallows or sprinkles and enjoy!