Fall flavors shine in this delicious slider recipe! Melt in your mouth slow-cooked pulled pork paired with crisp slaw and topped with a cider BBQ sauce...need we say more? Bursting with flavor, this dish is perfect for serving a large group or to spice up a weeknight dinner! Recipe + photo by @thelowcarbcontessa
What You’ll Need for the Pulled Pork:
-5 lbs of pork roast, trimmed of excess fat
-3 tsp salt
-1 ½ tsp pepper
-2 tsp smoked paprika
-1 Tbsp fresh thyme
-2 yellow onions, sliced
-2 cups sugar-free ginger ale of your choice
-¼ cup apple cider vinegar
-2 droppers full of OOO Flavors Apple Cider Flavoring
-6 cloves of garlic, chopped or pressed
- Combine salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and sprinkle and rub the mixture into the pork roast.
- Add sliced onions to the bottom of your slow cooker, and place the seasoned pork roast on top.
- In a medium bowl, add the ginger ale, apple cider vinegar, Oooflavors, garlic, and thyme. Mix well and then add to the slow cooker.
- Slow cook pork roast on low for 8 hours or high for approximately 5 hours (until tender). Prepare the buns, slaw and sauce while the pork is cooking.
- When the pork roast has completed cooking, shred the roast using meat shredders or two forks and set aside.
What You’ll Need for the Keto Slider Buns:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Flatbread and Pizza Mix
-4 Tbsp butter, softened
-1 cup lukewarm water
-1 egg white, beaten
-12 cup cavity muffin top pans
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray the muffin top pan lightly with oil or nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Combine Keto and Co Flatbread Mix, butter, 2 eggs, and water in a medium bowl and stir until smooth dough forms.
- Divide dough into 12 equal portions, and press out into the cavities of your prepared muffin top pan.
- Lightly brush half of the buns with beaten egg white, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place the buns in the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes (you want the tops to just begin to brown, but be careful not to overbake or you'll have dry buns). Set aside.
What You’ll Need for the Ginger Apple Cider BBQ Sauce:
-2 cup sugar-free bbq sauce
-1/4 cup sugar-free ginger ale
-1/4 cup coconut aminos
-2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
-2 droppers Oooflavors spiced apple cider flavoring
-1 tsp garlic powder
-1 tsp onion powder
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1” ginger knob (peeled and grated)
-Optional: Your favorite hot sauce to taste
- Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan and stir well to combine.
- Heat sauce over medium heat until it begins to bubble.
- Once bubbling, reduce the heat to low, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 20-30 minutes until the sauce has reduced and thickened. Set aside.
How to Prepare the Sliders:
- Once all of your food is ready, take one bun, add some shredded pork, a bit of apple cider ginger bbq sauce, and top with low carb slaw (we love THIS RECIPE)
- Optional: add some cheese, top with another bun, or serve open-faced and ENJOY!