Calling all eggnog fans! Thick, creamy and a hint of seasonal spices, all without the sugar. This low carb, homemade eggnog recipe tastes just like the holidays and just like you remember. Recipe + photo by @cleaneaterr
What You’ll Need:
-1/2 cup Wondrose Sugar Replacer
-1 1/4 cups almond milk
-1 cup heavy whipping cream
-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/4 tsp nutmeg + extra for topping
-1/4 tsp salt
-4 large egg yolks
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1-2 sticks of cinnamon for garnish (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, add almond milk, heavy cream, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Allow the mixture to lightly simmer for about 10 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, using an electric mixer combine the egg yolk and Wondrose until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture, making sure to consistently whisk throughout.
- Add the combined mixture into the saucepan and cook over medium-low heat for about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour through a strainer into a bowl or storage. Lastly, stir in the vanilla extract.
- Cover with cling wrap and allow to fully chill before serving. Serve with a dash of nutmeg and a cinnamon stick for garnish and enjoy!