These old-fashioned sour cream donuts are tender, cakey and low carb. Baked to perfection and topped with a keto meringue frosting, these homemade donuts are just how you remembered them! Recipe + photo by @jaredcluck
What You’ll Need for Donuts:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Keto Vanilla Cake Mix
-2 tbsp melted butter
-1 cup sour cream
-1/2 tsp nutmeg
-1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
What You’ll Need for Meringue Frosting:
-1 cup Wondrose Sugar Replacer
-1/3 cup water
-1/4 tsp cream of tartar
-1/4 tsp xanthan gum
-2 large egg whites
-1 tbsp clear vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together Keto and Co Cake mix, 2 tbsp melted butter, 1 cup sour cream, ½ tsp nutmeg and ½ tsp apple cider vinegar in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pipe the mixture into donut pans and bake for 20 minutes.
- To make the frosting, combine the Wondrose, ⅓ cup of water, ¼ tsp cream of tartar and ¼ tsp xanthan gum in a saucepan and bubble.
- Whip the egg whites with the clear vanilla extract and slowly add the liquid sweetener from the saucepan you just made until stiff peaks form (8-10 minutes).
- Frost your donuts and enjoy!