This recipe is part of our Family Recipes Ketofied series - enjoy!
As one of four children, my mom was always running around cleaning up after us, feeding us, and making sure our homework was done. Amongst all of that chaos, her baking is something that I always look back on fondly. In order to get us to eat more fruits, I remember her making banana bread for us ALL THE TIME. One of my brothers and I were HUGE banana fans, so when my mom made her special Banana Crumb Cake, our lives were made. There's truly not a better treat that makes me think of my childhood more than banana bread. Now many years later, I thought it was time I ketofy one of my favorite childhood desserts. I hope my mom loves it just as I loved hers! By @cleaneaterr
Keto Banana Crumb Cake Recipe
What You’ll Need for Cake:
- 1 bag of Keto and Co Banana and Caramel Muffin Mix
- 1 stick of butter, melted, browned
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
What You’ll Need for Crumbs:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 Tbsp of your favorite sweetener
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 5 Tbsp (1/3 cup) butter, browned
- 1/2 tsp pf of instant espresso powder (optional)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F and pour 3 cups of your Keto & Co Banana Caramel Muffin Mix (about 1/2 the package) in a medium to large bowl.
- Melt 1 stick of butter and let it cool off to the side. While it is cooling crack your 3 eggs into the bowl.
- Add your 2 tbsp of almond milk and mix together. If your butter is cool, pour into your bowl. Combine well.
- Add 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and then your walnuts. Fold to combine everything.
- Place your batter in an 8x8 inch nonstick pan.
- To make the crumbs - In a separate medium bowl pour 1 cup of almond flour and 3 tsp monk fruit sweetener. Combine gently with your spoon or fork.
- Melt and brown 1/3 cup of butter in a pan on your stovetop. Once you see brown speckles, that means it is done. Pour into your dry flour mixture.
- Stir and add your cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp of instant espresso powder.
- Once the crumbs start to thicken you can use your hands to combine or a fork.
- Add 1/4-1/2 cup of chopped walnuts to your crumbs and work into the dough.
- Evenly sprinkle your crumbs all over your banana bread batter and place in your oven for about 35-40 minutes
- Make sure it is completely cooked through (the edges are firm and a toothpick comes out clean)
- Let it cool for a few minutes. Then slice and enjoy!