Some would say these keto chocolate or vanilla cake balls are little drops of heaven. Make them as a crowd-pleaser for birthday parties, holiday get togethers, or a go-to poppable dessert at home! They're so easy, the hardest part will be choosing between our Vanilla or Chocolate Cake Mixes and sharing them others!
What You'll Need:
- Electric Mixer
- 4 large eggs
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 Tsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice or 1/2 Tbsp cream of tartar (for frosting preparation)
- 1 1/2 cup butter (3 sticks), softened
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
-Keto approved chocolate chips (we love these)
-1 cup of sugar-free rainbow sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease or line an 8" cake pan (square or round) or cupcake tin. Batter will make 1 cake or 9 cupcakes
2. Beat cake mix, eggs and butter in mixing bowl until smooth
3. Let batter sit 30 seconds, then stir in cider vinegar
4. Spread butter evenly in prepared pan or cupcake tin
5. Bake until lightly browned: 15-20 minutes for cupcakes, 25-30 minutes for cakes
6. Let cool completely in pan before removing and frosting
7. While the cake is baking, combine frosting mix and 5 Tbsp water in a small saucepan to make a thick paste
8. Cook mixture over low heat, stirring constantly until it becomes smooth, thick, and white and edges to bubble (190-200 F). Remove from heat
9. Add lemon juice or cream of tartar and stir to combine. Cover and cool to room temperature
10. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, vanilla, and salt with electric mixer
11. Add frosting mixture to butter mixture and whip until light and smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally
12. After cake is cooled, crumble and mix in frosting
13. With hands or spoon, roll into 1 Tbsp sized cake ball and freeze for about 60 minutes
14. Melt chocolate chips and dip cake balls in chocolate. Top with sprinkles.
15. If you're not afraid to get messy, take a bite. Or put in refrigerator until shell is hardened.
Store in the refrigerator. Enjoy these small bundles of joy!