Keto Caramel Banana Nut Loaf with Bourbon Salted Caramel
Moist, buttery and bursting with banana flavor this twist on the classic banana bread will have your taste buds wanting more. Browned with butter and bourbon with caramel drizzled on top, it’s the perfect low carb loaf for any time of the day! Recipe + photo by @queer_on_keto
What You’ll Need for Bread:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Banana Caramel Mix
- 4 eggs
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
-½ tsp apple cider vinegar
-¼ cup pecans, toasted
What You’ll Need for Caramel:
-⅓ cup unsalted butter, browned
3 Tbsp. Wondrose Sugar Replacer
1 tsp bourbon
⅔ cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with butter or cooking spray.
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment, add all the bread ingredients until well combined.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 300F. and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean from the center.
- Set aside and let cool completely.
- For the caramel, brown the butter by cooking low and slow for about 30 minutes on the stove top, then strain.
- Melt the browned butter and Wondrose together on medium-low for 3 minutes. Stir it every now and then with a whisk. But for the most part, leave it alone. Watch it so it doesn’t burn.
- Turn off the heat and add the bourbon. Stir for one minute to cook off the alcohol so your cream doesn’t curdle
- Add in the heavy cream and simmer for 12 minutes on low heat. The mixture will become caramel colored.
- Once complete, pour caramel over top of the bread and sprinkle with your favorite sea salt and toasted pecans and ENJOY!
- Bold Commerce Collaborator