Comfort food with out the guilt, this keto chicken and waffles recipe leave you feeling satisfied and cozy with each bite.
Ingredients You'll Need:
- 1 cup Keto and Co Pancake and Waffle Mix (also on Amazon)
- 3/4 cup NutCrumbs- Spicy Flavor
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 8 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup avocado oil (for frying)
- 1 tsp avocado oil (for pancakes)
- Prepare Keto and Co Pancake and Waffle Mix as directed for 2 batches of waffles (see package for instructions)
- Cut each chicken thigh into 3 evenly sized pieces. If moist, pat them dry with paper towels.
- Add 1 to 2 inches of avocado oil to a pot over medium to high heat. Heat the oil to 350F. Frequently monitor to maintain the temperature by adjusting the flame during frying.
- In a bowl, add eggs and heavy cream, beating until well-mixed. In another bowl, add NutCrumb breading. Set aside.
- Coat each piece first in the breading, then in the egg wash, and then in the breading again. Shake off excess and carefully lower into the hot oil. Fry until deep brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes and drain on paper towels.
- Reapeat with the other chicken pieces.