We cannot espresso how much you’ll love these keto espresso mini donuts! These coffee infused treats are the perfect post-dinner dessert or chocolatey breakfast! Recipe and photo by @queer_on_keto
What You’ll Need for the Donuts:
-3 oz ground coffee of your choice
-3 oz nut butter
-1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
-¾ tsp baking soda
-¼ cup Wondrose Sugar Replacer
What You’ll Need for the Frosting:
-1 bag Keto and Co Buttercream Frosting Mix
-½ cup butter, softened
-1 Tbsp lemon juice or ½ Tbsp of cream of tartar
-1 Tbsp vanilla extract
-½ tsp salt
-1 cup cream cheese, softened
-3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add 2 eggs to a medium bowl and mix with an electric mixer for 5 minutes, or until foamy.
- Add all other donut ingredients, and mix until well combined.
- Pour into a well greased mini donut pan.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, let cool completely and set aside.
- While your donuts are cooling, make your frosting.
- Add 3 Tbsp of cocoa powder to the Keto and Co Buttercream Frosting bag and shake.
- Combine frosting mix and 5 Tbsp of water in a small saucepan to make a thick paste.
- Cook mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until it becomes smooth, thick, and the edges begin to bubble (190-200 F). Remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice or cream of tartar and stir to combine. Cover and cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and salt with an electric mixer.
- Add frosting mixture to butter mixture and whip until light and smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Top each donut with your chocolate frosting and your favorite low carb sprinkles!