Are you team chocolate or team vanilla? Well, you must be team chocolate if you're reading this recipe blog post. We're excited to share this keto-friendly chocolate frosting recipe using Keto and Co's buttercream and adding a simple little twist!
What You'll Need:
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice or 1/2 Tbsp cream of tartar (for frosting preparation)
- 1 1/2 cup butter (3 sticks), softened (for frosting preparation)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract (for frosting preparation)
- 1/4 tsp salt (for frosting preparation)
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder (for frosting preparation)
- Electric mixer
1. Add cocoa powder directly to the bag of frosting and shake.
2. Combine frosting mix and 5 Tbsp water in a small saucepan to make a thick paste
3. Cook mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until it becomes smooth, thick, and edges begin to bubble (190-200 F). Remove from heat
4. Add lemon juice or cream of tartar and stir to combine. Cover and cool to room temperature
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, vanilla and salt with electric mixer
6. Add frosting mixture to butter and whip until light and smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally
Now go keep calm and keto on with this delicious recipe!