Look no further than these easy low carb festive treats for this holiday season! These delicious cake balls are packed with rich chocolate and a pop of peppermint - a taste of winter time with every bite! Recipe + photo by @ketobydesign
What You’ll Need:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Keto Chocolate Cake Mix
-4 large eggs
-6 Tbsp of butter
-½ tsp cider vinegar
-1 cup of powdered sugar alternative of your choice
-4 Tbsp heavy cream
-½ cup of sugar free white chocolate chips
-15 drops of chocolate peppermint candy flavoring
-Sugar free sprinkles (we love The Sprinkle Company)
-Red food dye of choice
- Bake the Keto and Co Chocolate Cake Mix according to the directions on the back of the package in an 8 x 8 pan. Let cool.
- Make frosting mixture using 1/4 cup of powdered sugar alternative and heavy cream, set aside rest of powdered sugar.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out balls of cake, about 1”
- Add a spoonful of frosting to the cake ball and mold into a round shape like a cake pop would be. Do this until cake is used up.
- Once all balls are mixed with frosting, pop into the freezer for about 5 minutes so the frosting sets.
- Next roll each ball into the leftover powdered sugar alternative.
- Melt the white chocolate chips, add extract and food dye of choice.
- Drizzle your melted chocolate on top of the snowballs.
- Top with your sugar free sprinkles and enjoy!
Makes 28 snowballs. Three snowballs have:
Net carbs: 2.6g