"These keto banana caramel coffee cake donuts are made with the Keto and Co Banana Caramel Muffin Mix, each filled with a ribbon of cinnamon and a pile of cinnamon streusel crumb topping. I love this muffin mix. It has just the right amount of banana and caramel flavoring (not overpowering or fake tasting). This mix makes wonderful light, fluffy, moist, and delicious donuts (or muffins)." - Keto and Co Baking Challenge Finalist, @deb.makes.low.carb.delish
What You’ll Need for the Donuts:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Banana Caramel Muffin Mix
-6 Tbsp butter, melted and let cool
-1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
-1 Tbsp low-carb sweetener or your choice
-1 Tbsp cinnamon
What You’ll Need for the Crumb Topping:
-1/2 cup fine ground almond flour
-1 Tbsp coconut flour
-2 Tbsp low-carb sweetener of your choice
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-2 Tbsp butter, melted
-A dash salt
What You’ll Need for the Glaze:
-3 Tbsp powdered low-carb sweetener of your choice
-1 1/2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Make the glaze first. In a small bowl whisk together the powdered sweetener and heavy whipping cream. Stir until blended. Set aside.
- Next make the crumb topping. Mix the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium bowl. Stir in the melted butter using a fork to mix the crumble. Set aside.
- Next, make the donuts. In a medium bowl mix together the melted, cooled butter and eggs. Add in the Keto and Co Banana Caramel Muffin Mix and stir until just blended.
- Let the batter sit for 30 seconds and then stir in apple cider vinegar.
- Mix together 1 Tbsp of sweetener and 1 Tbsp of cinnamon and set aside.
- Spoon the batter into the donut mold - filling each one only about 1/3 of the way.
- Sprinkle each donut with the cinnamon sugar mixture and then top with more donut batter so that each donut mold is filled only 2/3 (don't over fill).
- Top each donut with crumb topping.
- Bake donuts for 20-25 minutes or until just set. Don't over bake, the donuts will firm up as they cool.
- Once cooled, remove from the pan, drizzle glaze over the donuts and enjoy!