These quick and simple shortbread cookies are the perfect recipe to bring a moment of joy on Valentine’s Day! You can even make an afternoon out of cookie decorating with your kiddos, partner or Galentines! Either way, these cookies will bring a smile to everyone’s face (and taste buds)! Photo by @cleaneaterr
What You’ll Need for Cookies:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Shortbread Mix
-1 ½ cups of butter, softened
-2 eggs, beaten
-Heart shaped cookie cutter
What You’ll Need for Frosting:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Buttercream Frosting Mix
½ cup of butter, softened
-1 Tbsp lemon juice or ½ Tbsp of cream of tartar
-1 Tbsp vanilla extract
-½ tsp salt
-1 cup of of cream cheese, softened
-Red food dye of your choice
-Pink food dye of your choice
- Prepare the Keto and Co Shortbread Cookie Mix according to the directions on the back of the packaging.
- Cut your cookies out with your heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes and set aside.
- While the cookies are baking, prepare the Keto and Co Buttercream frosting.
- Combine frosting mix and 5 Tbsp of water in a small saucepan to make a thick paste.
- Cook mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until it becomes smooth, thick, and the edges begin to bubble (190-200 F). Remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice or cream of tartar and stir to combine. Cover and cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and salt with an electric mixer.
- Add frosting mixture to butter mixture and whip until light and smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Divide the frosting into 2 separate bowls and mix in a different food dye to each. So there is one red and one pink.
- Decorate your keto shortbread cookies as you like and enjoy!
Makes 16 x 3-inch shortbread cookies (adjust serving size based on size of cookie cutter)
Each cookie with a generous amount of frosting has:
Calories: 290 calories
Net Carbs 1.7g