Buttery, rich and just the right amount of crunch. This keto friendly version of a classic pecan cake with keto buttercream frosting is a perfect holiday dessert, birthday treat or "just because" cake. Recipe + photo by @ketobydesign
What You’ll Need:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Keto Vanilla Cake Mix
-6 Tbsp butter
-1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
-4 Tbsp of sugar-free maple syrup (or maple pecan syrup)
-3 tsp cinnamon
-1 tsp ground nutmeg
-1/2 tsp allspice
-Low carb cookie crumbs of your choice (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs, butter, 3 Tbsp maple syrup, 2 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice together. 3. Let batter sit for 30 seconds, then mix in apple cider vinegar.
- Spread batter evenly in your cake pan and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- While cake is baking, make your buttercream frosting according to the directions on the back of the packaging.
- Stir in remaining 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1 Tbsp of sugar-free maple syrup.
- Once cake is done, wait until cooled to frost and decorate with cookie crumbs!
- For a layered cake, use two packages of the cake mix, frost in the middle and stack.