It’s that time of year again when we crave all things pumpkin - and this keto friendly pumpkin quiche definitely satisfies that craving! The crust is made with our Keto Flatbread Mix and the pumpkin filling topped with refreshing, lemon dressed greens - each bite is more flavorful than the last! Recipe and photo by @cleaneaterr
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 4 cups of arugula
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- In a medium bowl, mix your Keto and Co Flatbread Mix, 2 tbsp of coconut flour, 1 cup of lukewarm water, butter, and eggs in a medium mixing bowl and stir until smooth dough forms.
- Roll out the pie crust between two sheets of parchment paper. Using the parchment paper, line the quiche pan with the crust and make marks with your fork. This will work in a 9-inch quiche pan
- Refrigerate your crust for 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 400F. Bake your crust for 15 minutes
- Reduce oven temperature to 375F and bake for 5-8 minutes, until the crust just begins to brown. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool while you make the filling.
- While the crust is cooling, reduce your oven temperature to 350F.
- Heat your butter in a medium pan and add chopped ham. Let it cook for a few minutes and then add in your onions. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onions are browned and tender, around 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, and cream in a large bowl. Whisk in the onion mixture. Pour into prepared pie crust and bake until set, 30 to 40 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the cheese, olive oil, vinegar, and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with your fave seasonings (salt, pepper, etc.)
- Cut the quiche into 12 small portions. Top the quiche with salad and serve!
Yield: 12 slices (use quiche pan)