Easter will be here before we know it! To celebrate this fun-filled holiday with the whole family, bake up these delicious, low-carb keto carrot cake donuts. Moist, fluffy and sweet just like the traditional carrot cake that you remember! Recipe + photo by @thelowcarbcontessa
What You’ll Need for the Donuts:
-1 package of Keto and Co Vanilla Cake Mix
-½ cup carrot, shredded
-4 eggs, room temp
-¼ cup brown sweetener of your choice (we love this one)
-1 tsp cinnamon
-¼ tsp nutmeg
-⅛ tsp ground cloves
-½ tsp apple cider vinegar
What You’ll Need for the Optional Glaze:
-4 Tbsp butter, softened
-4 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
-½- ¾ cup Wondrose Sugar Replacer
-1 tsp vanilla
-Pinch of salt
-1-4 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk (we love these ones)
- Heat the oven to 350° F and grease a donut pan. Set aside.
- Add all of the donut ingredients together except for the apple cider vinegar and mix until just combined. Wait 30 seconds and add in the apple cider vinegar.
- Next, spoon the mixture into the prepared donut pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes, and then remove donuts from the pan to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the donuts are cooling, make the glaze by whipping the butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and salt. Add ¼ cup of the Wondrose and mix until combined.
- To thin the frosting into a dippable glaze, add one tablespoon of almond milk at a time until the desired consistency is achieved. Set aside.
- Once the donuts have cooled, dip each donut into the prepared dippable glaze and enjoy!