“For this recipe I was inspired by Hawaiian culture and how much I’ve missed visiting there and eating all the delicious Hawaiian desserts! This one I created is a low carb version of a chocolate haupia pie.” - Keto and Co Baking Challenge Finalist, @ketodashapril
What You’ll Need for the Crust:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Shortbread Cookie Mix
-2 sticks of butter
What You’ll Need for the Coconut Filling:
-1 packet of gelatin
-1/2 cup coconut milk
-1/4 cup Wondrose Sugar Replacer
-1 Tbsp of vanilla extract
What You’ll Need for the Whipped Topping:
-1 cup heavy cream
-1 Tbsp vanilla extract
-1/2 cup powdered sugar alternative of your choice
What You’ll Need for the Chocolate Pudding:
-1 packet of sugar free chocolate jello pudding of your choice
- First make the crust, preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine Keto and Co Shortbread Mix, butter and egg in a medium bowl and stir until smooth dough forms.
- Place dough into a baking pan or pie sheet and spread flat to cover the bottom.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, make your coconut filling.
- On medium heat, combine coconut milk and Wondrose.
- Add in gelatin and mix until completely dissolved.
- Then add in vanilla and mix until combined.
- Set aside and let cool down to room temperature.
- Next make your chocolate pudding according to the directions and set aside.
- Then make your whipped topping. Using a hand mixer, mix the heavy cream, powdered sugar replacer and vanilla until you form stiff peaks. Set aside.
- To assemble, pour the chocolate pudding onto the shortbread crust, followed by the coconut filling and let sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- When firm and ready to serve, top with whipped topping and enjoy!
Makes 1 whole pie. Each slice has:
Net carbs: 2.3g