We know this summer your kitchen will be back up and running for hosting your family and friends! These low carb crab cakes made with our Keto Flatbread Mix are the perfect quick, easy and nutritious appetizer to serve up for all your summertime events! Recipe + photo by @cleaneaterr
What You’ll Need:
-1 cup of Keto and Co Flatbread & Pizza Mix
-1 pound lump crab meat
-1/2 cup butter, unsalted
-¼ cup mayonnaise
-4 green onion, chopped
-1 Tbsp mustard
-1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
-1 tsp lemon juice
-½ tsp salt
-Butter or oil, for frying
- Add the mayonnaise, green onion, mustard, eggs, Old Bay, lemon juice, butter, and salt to a medium mixing bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Add the crab meat and Keto and Co Flatbread Mix and use a rubber spatula to fold the mixture together until combined.
- Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow the mixture to come together and chill.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add enough butter or oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
- Use a large cookie scoop to drop dollops of the crab mixture onto the pan, leaving a couple of inches of space between each. Gently press the mixture down to flatten slightly using a thin, flat spatula.
- Fry the crab cakes for 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining mixture until all the crab cakes are fried and enjoy!
Makes 10 crab cakes. Each crab cake has
Net carbs: 2.1