Easter is right around the corner and what better way to celebrate than with some low carb cookies? With no sugar added, this easy treat is the perfect brunch dessert or fun addition to an Easter basket. Photo + recipe by @queer_on_keto
What You’ll Need for the Shortbread Cookies:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Shortbread Cookie Mix
-1 cup butter, softened
-Easter egg cookie cutter
What You’ll Need for the Frosting:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Buttercream Frosting Mix
-1 Tbsp lemon juice or ½ Tbsp of cream of tartar
-1 1/2 cup butter, softened
-1 Tbsp vanilla extract
-¼ tsp salt
-Food dye colors of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a sheet tray with parchment paper
- Mix all of the ingredients for the Keto and Co Shortbread Cookies together until well combined
- Roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper until 1/4in. thick. Transfer to the fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and cut with your Easter egg cookie cutter. Place on the sheet tray and cook for 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Prepare the Keto and Co Buttercream Frosting according to the back of the packaging.
- Divide the frosting evenly among however many food dye colors you have chosen. Add a few drops of coloring into each bowl and mix until well combined.
- Transfer each color of frosting to a ziplock bag with a very small cut in the corner to make a diy pastry bag. Design each cookie as desired and enjoy!