We know brunch is the star of the show when it comes to springtime meals! Whether you’re planning an Easter or Mother’s Day brunch, this savory, low carb take on an eggs benedict will have everyone impressed! Made with our Keto Flatbread, with flavors of french toast, you can’t go wrong with this irresistible dish. Recipe + photo by @thelowcarbcontessa
What You’ll Need for the Flatbread:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Flatbread & Pizza Mix
-½ stick of butter, softened
-2 large eggs
-1 cup lukewarm water
-½ tsp dried rosemary
-½ tsp dried thyme
-½ tsp garlic powder
-½ tsp onion powder
What You’ll Need for the Coating:
-½ cup pork rinds, ground
-½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
-2 Tbsp heavy cream
-Oil for frying
What You’ll Need for the Eggs Benedict:
-A few pieces of canadian bacon
-Poached or fried eggs
-Hollandaise sauce of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees and prepare your Keto Flatbread Mix according to the instructions on the back of the packaging with the addition of the rosemary, thyme, garlic, and onion powder to the dough. Set aside and let rise for 1 hour.
- In a shallow dish, add ground pork rinds, parmesan cheese, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add eggs, cream, and whisk together. Set aside.
- Next, set up your dipping station in this order; keto flatbreads, egg mixture, pork rind and cheese mixture.
- Start by dipping each piece of keto flatbread into the egg mixture and shake off any excess. Next, coat with the pork rind mixture, firmly pressing the coating onto the bread. Then place on a plate or baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining keto flatbread pieces.
- In a medium non-stick frying pan, add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Heat the oil over medium heat.
- Once the oil is heated add a few pieces of your coated keto flatbreads. Cook for approximately 2 minutes, or until golden on each side. Remove and place onto a paper towel-lined plate.
- To prepare your eggs benedict, top each piece of Keto Flatbread with a slice of canadian bacon, a poached egg, hollandaise sauce and enjoy!