Bursting with flavor, this low carb seasonal summer pizza is crisp, unique and the most refreshing meal you'll have all week! Juicy, grilled peaches combined with the creaminess of a bed of ricotta and a balsamic-arugula topping will make this recipe your new summer favorite. Photo + recipe by @thelowcarbcontessa
What You’ll Need For Pizza:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Flatbread & Pizza Mix
-4 Tbsp butter, softened
-1 cup lukewarm water
-¾ cup ricotta cheese
-¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese (extra for topping if desired)
-4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
-1 boneless skinless chicken breast
-1-2 medium peaches, cut in half
-½ red onion, sliced
-1 cup arugula
What You’ll Need For Dressing:
-3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
-3 Tbsp olive oil
-1 Tsp brown sugar substitute, here’s our favorite recipe
-1 Tsp Italian seasoning
-Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the Keto and Co Flatbread and Pizza Mix according to the instructions on the back of the package.
- In a small bowl add all of the dressing ingredients together and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Add the chicken breast to a bag, season with salt & pepper, and add most of the dressing to the bag. Reserve 2 Tbsp and set aside.
- Allow the chicken to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Be sure to reserve at least 2 tablespoons of the dressing (one tablespoon for brushing onto the peaches during grilling, and the other for dressing the arugula). *Optional to make extra to drizzle onto your pizza.
- Grill chicken at 375°-400° F for 6-10 minutes until cooked through, turning halfway.
- Brush the peach halves with 1 Tbsp of the reserved dressing, and grill cut side down.
- Once cooled, slice the chicken and peaches and set aside.
- Add 1 Tbsp of oil to a pan over medium heat, and add the red onion. Cook until onions are softened and browned a bit.
- Spread ricotta cheese onto the pizza crust, add the parmesan, mozzarella, grilled onions, grilled chicken, and sliced peaches. Cook pizza for an additional 10 minutes or until the mozzarella and parmesan have melted.
- In a small bowl toss the arugula with the remaining 1 Tbsp of marinade and add to cooked pizza. Grate fresh parmesan to top and ENJOY!