These low carb lemon bars sit on top of an irresistible keto shortbread crust that will not disappoint! Perfect for picnics, brunch or an afternoon treat, these lemon filled desserts will be a hit no matter the event! By @cleaneaterr
What You’ll Need For Crust:
-1 package of Keto and Co Shortbread Keto Cookie Mix
-1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
-1 large egg, beaten
What You’ll Need For Filling:
-1 cup pure cane sugar-free baking sweetener
-6 tbsp butter, softened
-1/4 cup cream
-2 oz of cream cheese, softened
-3 tbsp lemon juice
-Zest of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8 baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- In a medium-large bowl add your egg, and softened butter. Combine gently with your mixer.
- Add in your Keto and Co Shortbread Keto Cookie Mix and combine well.
- Press into the bottom of the 8x8 baking dish. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the ingredients for the filling in a separate bowl and mix until smooth. Pour over the pre-baked crust.
- Bake for 30-35 min or until the filling no longer jiggles if the pan is gently shaken. Cool completely.
- Gently lift the parchment paper to remove the bars from the pan.
- Cut into 12 pieces. Sprinkle with Wondrose Sugar Replacer right before serving if desired.