We are ready to SPRING into the next season with these naturally sweetened treats! Made with our Keto Vanilla Cake Mix, these cupcakes are the perfect amounts of creamy and lemony to make all of your springtime dessert dreams come true. Photo + recipe by @thelowcarbcontessa
What You’ll Need for the Cupcakes:
-2 packages of Keto and Co Vanilla Cake Mix
-1 ½ sticks butter, melted
-Zest of 1 lemon
-1 tsp Oooflavors natural lemon flavor
-1 tsp cider vinegar
-16 fresh raspberries
What You’ll Need for the Cheesecake Filling:
-8oz cream cheese, softened
-4 tsp Simply Delish Raspberry Jel Dessert
- First make your cheesecake filling by placing the softened cream cheese and raspberry jel into a medium-sized bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, beat on medium speed until smooth and well combined. Add the egg to the mixture and mix on medium-low until incorporated. Set aside. (Optional: add a bit of pink, red, (or both) food coloring to make your filling pop with color!)
- Next, preheat the oven to 350° F, and line 16 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Prepare the cake batter according to the directions on the Keto and Co Vanilla Cake Mix packaging, with the addition of the lemon flavoring and zest.
- Place approximately 2 tablespoons of Keto Cake batter into the bottom of each prepared muffin cup, add a tablespoon of the cheesecake filling, and top with a fresh raspberry (push it into the cheesecake batter just a bit).
- Cover each muffin with the remaining cake batter and bake for approximately 20-22 minutes.
- The top may have a bit of jiggle and may sink a tad during cooling, but that's okay, you don't want overcooked cupcakes or filling. You can test the doneness with a toothpick. (For best results, we suggest only baking one pan at a time)
- After baking, place pans on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Frost with your Keto and Co Buttercream Frosting if desired and enjoy!