This savory flatbread recipe is one for the books! With a keto pesto base and low carb toppings galore - this delicious and fresh flatbread makes a great appetizer or main dish. Inspired by Holistic Foodie
What You’ll Need:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Keto Flatbread and Pizza Mix
-4 Tbsp butter, softened
-2 large eggs
-1 cup lukewarm water
-1 cup of ricotta
-1 ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
-5 ramps or green onions, sliced thin
-8-10 basil leaves
-½ - ¾ cup of keto pesto of your choice
-Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine Keto and Co Flatbread and Pizza Mix, water, eggs and butter and roll out between parchment paper until smooth dough forms.
- Roll out between parchment paper to ¼” thick and let rise for 1 hour.
- Leave it on the parchment paper and place on a baking sheet
- In a small bowl, add the tomatoes and a pinch of salt. Slice the ramps (or green onion) into thin slices, cut on the bias.
- Spread the keto pesto on the dough, leaving a 1 ½ in. border around the edge, as this will be folded over. Then add the tomatoes, and the ramps (or green onions) on top.
- Using the parchment paper to help, gently fold the edges of the dough over top to create a crust.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and brush the egg along the sides of the dough. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with dollops of ricotta and fresh basil leaves!