If you like strawberry shortcake, then you’ll love this quick and easy version that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day! Made with our Keto Vanilla Cake Mix and paired with fresh, juicy strawberries and drizzled with a naturally sweetened frosting so that it tastes just like you remember! Recipe + photo by @cleaneatrr
What You’ll Need for the Skewers:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Vanilla Cake Mix
- 4 eggs
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 30-40 strawberries
- Wooden skewers
What You’ll Need for the Frosting:
-Half of Keto Buttercream Frosting Mix
-1/2 Tbsp of lemon juice
-1 1/2 sticks of butter
-1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Beat Keto and Co Vanilla Cake Mix, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Let the batter sit for 30 seconds, then stir in cider vinegar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the Keto Buttercream Frosting as directed on the back of the package. Set aside.
- Once the cake is cooled, cut into 1½ inch cubes.
- Rinse strawberries and cut off tops.
- Add 3 strawberries and 2 cake cubes to each skewer, alternating each. Be sure to place a strawberry on each end to keep everything on the skewer.
- Drizzle prepared Keto Buttercream Frosting over the skewers and enjoy!