How CUTE are these low carb Mini Star Pies?! 4th of July is right around the corner and these are the perfect, festive dessert to serve (and no one will know their keto)! Recipe + photo by @queer_on_keto
What You’ll Need for the Crust:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Shortbread Cookie Mix
-1 cup butter, softened
-8 x 5 inch mini pie molds
What You’ll Need for the Filling:
-2 cups mixed berries of your choice
-¼ cup Wondrose Sugar Replacer
-¼ tsp Xanthan Gum
-Zest of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Spray eight 5 inch mini pie molds with cooking spray
- Mix all crust ingredients together in a mixer with a paddle attachment or an electric hand mixer
- Weigh out 8 portions (around 16g) of shortbread dough. Press one portion into each pie mold
- Using a fork, poke the bottom and sides of the pie so the crust doesn’t inflate. You can also use cans or pie weights separated by parchment paper too.
- Bake for 10-minutes and let cool.
- Roll the remaining dough between two pieces of parchment, slightly less than ¼ in. and transfer to the fridge to chill.
- On a stove top, cook mixed berries with Wondrose Sugar Replacer and orange zest over medium heat until berries burst and cook down.
- Strain the berries over a bowl to acquire the berry juice.
- Mix berry juice (it’ll be a small amount) with xanthan gum until well combined.
- Return the berry juice and xanthan mixture to the pan and cook until thick and gelatinous. Add berries back in. And stir until combined. Spoon evenly among the eight baked pie crusts.
- Remove rolled out dough from the fridge and cut small stars using a star cutter.
- Coat the stars in Wondrose Sugar Replacer.
- Place stars on top of pie and bake at 350F for another 12-minutes and enjoy!!
Makes 8 mini pies. Each pie has
Net carbs: 4.2g