Low Carb Monte Cristo Sandwich With Waffle Bread Recipe
This decadent and low carb Monte Cristo sandwich makes it easy to enjoy the fancy lunch of your dreams. Best part? All you need is cheese, ham, a few spices, and your delicious Keto Pancake and Waffle Mix to make the perfect sweet and savory meal. Recipe and photo by @jaredcluck
What You’ll Need:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Keto Pancake and Waffle Mix
-5 eggs, beaten
-2 tbsp nut milk (or water)
-1 tbsp oil
-A dash of Wondrose Sugar Replacer
-2 tbsp milk
-¼ tsp salt,
-¼ tsp pepper
-¼ tsp nutmeg
-2 tbsp butter
-Sugar free strawberry jam
-A few slices of ham
-A few slices of turkey
- Cook your Keto Waffles according to the instructions on the back of the packaging. Once they are ready - if they are larger waffles - cut them both in half. If they are mini waffles, no need to cut.
- Smear mayonnaise on one side and mustard on the other.
- Start layering in this order: cheese, ham, cheese, turkey and more cheese.
- Wrap in cling wrap and put in the fridge.
- In a skillet over medium low heat, melt butter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Dip your sandwich in the egg mix and pan fry in the pan, 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and as crispy to your liking.
- Top with Wondrose, warmed strawberry jam and enjoy!
- Bold Commerce Collaborator