Rainbow Pride Cake by @queer_on_keto
Love is love. Celebrating pride month looked a little different this year, so Michelle aka @queer_on_keto takes us through how she made this amazing rainbow keto cake to celebrate with her family at home!
What You'll Need For The Cake:
-2 packages of Keto and Co Vanilla Cake Mix
-¾ cup. butter, melted
-1 tsp apple cider vinegar
What You'll Need For The Frosting:
-2 packages of Keto and Co Vanilla Buttercream Mix
-2 tbsp Lemon juice
-3 cups butter
-2 Tbsp vanilla extract
-½ tsp Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Add all the cake ingredients to a mixer and mix until well combined.
- Grease two 8” cake pans.
- Pour mixture evenly among both pans and bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely.
- I enjoy multiple smaller layers of cake, so I cut my cakes in half horizontally once cool. However, this step is not necessary.
- Follow the directions on the Keto and Co Buttercream Frosting packaging.
- Remove 1.5 cups of frosting and set aside.
- You can either dye your frosting a color of your choice or leave white. I chose to dye it blue. Spread a generous amount of frosting between layers of cake. Stacking the cake as you go.
- Frost the outside of your cake, smoothing the sides and top as you go. Place in the fridge to solidify.
- Divide your 1.5 cups of frosting among 6 bowls. About ¼ cup frosting per bowl. Each bowl will represent a color of the rainbow. Add dye until you achieve the vibrancy you want.
- Fit a pastry bag with a star tip. Lay the pastry bag down and layer the colors of the frosting on top of one another in the pastry bag. Pipe your desired design. Enjoy!