Soft and pillowy, bright and vibrant - these keto red velvet whoopie pies are the ultimate Valentine's Day treat! Packed with low-carb buttercream frosting, each sandwich will be loved at first sight. Recipe + photo by @cleaneaterr
What You’ll Need For Whoopie Pies:
-6 Tbsp butter
-½ tsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp red food coloring
What You’ll Need For Filling:
-1/2 bag Keto and Co Buttercream Frosting
-1/2 Tbsp lemon juice or 1/4 Tbsp cream of tartar
-1.5 sticks butter
-1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
-Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease your whoopie pie molds
- Beat cake mix, eggs, red food coloring, and butter in mixing bowl until smooth
- Let batter sit for 30 seconds, then stir in cider vinegar
- Pour your batter evenly into the whoopie pie molds, no more than halfway and bake for 15-20 minutes (or until lightly browned)
- While whoopie pies are baking, prepare half of the buttercream frosting with half of the ingredients according to the instructions on the package
- Once the whoopie pies are cooled, separate the batch in two and spread buttercream frosting on half of them.
- Take the other half of whoopie pies and place them on top of each whoopie pie with buttercream frosting to create a sandwich and enjoy!
- If you'd like to make the portions smaller, cut each heart in half horizontally, and spread desired amount of frosting in between heart slices.
- Happy Valentine's Day!
Makes 6 hearts and 3 whoopie pie sandwiches. To make 6 whoopie pies sandwiches, slice individual hearts in half horizontally.
One sliced, whoopie pie sandwich has
Net Carbs 3.1g