Valentine's Day is a celebration of love for one another and of course, keto pancakes! Need a cute breakfast idea for someone special on February 14? You can't get any more festive than this. Thanks to Erica (@ketobydesign), we are drooling over these delicious heart-shaped red velvet keto pancakes with cream cheese drizzle.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup Keto and Co's Pancake Mix (also on Amazon)
- 3 large eggs, beaten (for pancake preparation)
- 2 Tbsp nut milk or water (for pancake preparation)
- 1 Tbsp preferred oil (for pancake preparation)
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Red Velvet Extract (not necessary, but enhances flavor)
- 3 drops of organic red food coloring
For Pancake Shaping:
- Large cookie cutter (heart-shaped)
1. Combine eggs, nut milk, cider vinegar, red velvet extract and oil in a medium bowl.
2. Add pancake mix and cocoa powder to wet ingredients and sit until smooth
3. Add in food coloring until fully incorporated
4. Heat nonstick skillet on low heat (level 3-4). Grease cookie cutter or pancake shaper and place on skillet. Fill the shape with the mix, the amount will vary in size of the shape.
5. Cook until small bubbles appear, remove the cookie cutter and flip to cook on the opposite side.
6. In between pancake batches make your drizzle by mixing together softened cream cheese, nut milk and Wondrose. If the drizzle is too stiff, microwave in 15-second intervals or add more nut milk.
7. Add the desired amount of drizzle on to the top of pancakes
Enjoy and Happy Valentine's Day!
Interested in trying our pancake mix or other mixes? Shop our baking mixes!
Follow @ketobydesign for more amazing Keto and Co recipes!