These low carb cheesecake bars are the perfect, better for you sweet treat. Creamy cheesecake filling with red and blue swirls, on top of a crunchy shortbread layer make these the ultimate dessert to celebrate Fourth of July. Recipe + photo by @cleaneaterr
What You’ll Need for the Keto Shortbread:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Shortbread Cookie Mix
-1 cup butter, softened
-1 egg, beaten
What You’ll Need for the Filling:
-16oz cream cheese, softened
-¾ cup sour cream
-¾ cup Wondrose Sugar Replacer
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-⅓ tsp salt
-Red food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 335F degrees and prepare your Keto and Co Shortbread Cookie Mix dough according to the directions on the back of the package.
- Transfer the Keto Shortbread dough to a 9X13 pan lined with parchment paper. Spread out evenly. This will be your bottom layer.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy. Stir in Wondrose and salt.
- Then beat in eggs, sour cream and vanilla until incorporated.
- Transfer 1 1/3 cup of the cheesecake filling evenly into two separate bowls and add red food coloring to one and blue to the other. So you’ll have 3 bowls total (red, white and blue).
- Pour the white cheesecake filling on top of the shortbread crust and smooth until even.
- Using a spoon pour alternating lines of blue cheesecake and red cheesecake filling down the length of the pan.
- Swirl the colors into the cheesecake as desired.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until the center is no longer wobbly and enjoy!
Makes 16 bars. Each cookie has:
Net Carbs 0.98g