Summer calls for fresh ingredients! Enjoy this beautiful rosemary infused Keto Flatbread served with creamy whipped goat cheese and topped with roasted tomatoes and fresh herbs. It’s the perfect appetizer or side dish! Recipe + photo by @thelowcarbcontessa
What You’ll Need:
For the Flatbread rounds:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Flatbread Mix
-4 Tbsp butter, softened
-1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
For the toppings:
-10 ounces goat cheese, softened
-8 ounces cream cheese, softened
-1 tsp garlic powder
-1 cup small yellow tomatoes
-1 cup small orange tomatoes
-1 cup small red tomatoes such as cherry tomatoes
-1 Tbsp olive oil (for roasting tomatoes) + additional olive oil if grilling your flatbread
-1 tsp salt
-Balsamic glaze of your choice
-Fresh thyme or basil for garnish
- Combine Keto and Co Flatbread Mix, eggs, rosemary, 1 cup of lukewarm water and butter until smooth dough forms.
- Roll out to ¼”-⅓” thick and cut into 3-inch circles using a biscuit cutter. Allow the dough to rest for 1 hour.
- While your dough is resting, prepare the roasted tomatoes and whipped goat cheese.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Add tomatoes to an oven-safe pan, add 1 Tbsp olive oil, salt and toss to coat. Roast the tomatoes for 12-15 minutes, until the tomatoes are roasted and bursting. Set aside.
- Add softened cream cheese and goat cheese and garlic powder to a medium bowl. Using a hand mixer, whip the cheeses together on medium-high to high speed.
- If baking your flatbread, turn the oven down to 350°F (once your tomatoes are done), if grilling, heat the grill to 350°F.
- If baking: bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned
- If grilling: brush one side of each flatbread with olive oil and place the oil side down on the grill. Check after 5 minutes. Once the bread slices are browned with grill marks, brush the bread with olive oil and flip. Grill for another 5-7 minutes, again it should be browned with grill marks.
- Once your flatbreads are ready, spoon or pipe the whipped goat cheese mixture on top of each flatbread.
- Then add the tomatoes, balsamic glaze, and finish with fresh thyme or basil. ENJOY!
Makes 12 3-inch round flatbreads. Each flatbread has
Net carbs: 3.2g