Spice up your regular pesto with a new ingredient - black walnuts! Their unique flavor will bring a fresh and complimentary taste to your meals that will have everyone asking you for the recipe. Enjoy this savory sauce with zoodles, a chicken sandwich or even on top of a juicy piece of salmon!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups fresh basil, loosely packed
-1/3 cup black walnuts
-½ cup extra virgin olive oil
-3-4 garlic cloves, peeled
-2/3 cup parmesan romano cheese, grated
- Remove the basil leaves from their stems, then wash and pat dry.
- Add basil, walnuts, and peeled garlic to a food processor or blender. Quickly pulse until barely combined.
- Slowly add 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil and blend thoroughly.
- Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in the parmesan cheese and remaining olive oil to achieve the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving suggestion: In a casserole dish combine pesto with cauliflower rice and top with mozzarella cheese and bake at 350F for 25 mins or until cheese starts to brown.
Makes 12 servings
Each serving has:
Net Carbs .09g