Attention cupcake lovers, this one is for you! We have a new and berry cute treat we can't stop thinking about. Bake and enjoy this homemade Strawberry Keto Milkshake Chocolate Cupcake made by the talented Erica Norton @ketobydesign!
What You'll Need:
- Sugar-free sprinkles from @thesprinklecompany
- Electric mixer
Keto Chocolate Cake Mix:
- 1/2 Tsp cider vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 6 Tbsp butter (3/4 stick), melted
Strawberry Whipped Center:
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- 50 ml nut milk
- 1/4 tsp strawberry extract
- 3 oz cream cheese
- Pink food coloring
Strawberry Milkshake Frosting:
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice OR 1/2 Tbsp cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cup butter (3 sticks), softened
- 6 drops of @oooflavors strawberry milk concentrate
- 2-4 drops of pink food coloring
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line or grease a cupcake tin
2. Beat cake mix, eggs, and butter in mixing bowl until smooth
3. Let batter sit for 30 seconds, then stir in cider vinegar
4. Spread batter evenly in a prepared cupcake tin. Bake lightly browned: 15-20 minutes
5. Let cool slightly, use a thumb to press down centers of the cupcake to make room for filling
6. In a separate bowl, use a whisk or hand mixer to whip together all ingredients in the center filling: Wondrose, heavy cream, nut milk ,strawberry extract , cream cheese, and pink food coloring. Fill cupcakes when completely cooled
7. For frosting preparation, combine frosting mix and 1 Tbsp water in a small saucepan to make a thick paste
8. Cook mixture over low heat, stirring constantly until it becomes smooth, thick, and edges begin to bubble (190-200 F). Remove from heat
9. Add lemon juice or cream of tartar and stir to combine. Cover and cool to room temperature
10. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, strawberry milkshake flavor concentration, food coloring and salt with an electric mixer
11. Add frosting mixture to butter and whip until light and smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally
12. Once cupcakes cool, add the frosting!
To get the "milkshake" look, make a big circle of frosting around the outer edges and dip into sugar-free sprinkles. Then fill in the inner circle using a swirling motion to make a dollop of frosting. Sprinkle sugar dust sprinkles to the dollop. Add a sugar-free dipped chocolate cover strawberry and cut two paper straws to finish the look (see picture above for the full visual).
Interested in trying our keto cake and frosting mixes? Shop our keto baking mixes!
Follow @ketobydesign for more amazing Keto and Co recipes!