Meal-prepping for the week? This creamy and flavorful low carb egg salad sandwich is the perfect protein-packed meal to make ahead and enjoy on your busiest days when you are in need of a quick lunch. Recipe + photo by @thecleaneaterr
What You’ll Need for the Egg Filling:
-8 large eggs, boiled and chilled
-1/4 cup mayonnaise
-1 Tbsp mustard
-1 Tbsp curry powder
-1/2 tsp salt to taste
-1/2 tsp pepper to taste
-Splash of pickle juice (optional)
What You’ll Need for the Keto Flatbread:
-1 bag of Keto and Co Flatbread Mix
-½ stick unsalted butter, softened
-1 cup of lukewarm water
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine Keto and Co Flatbread Mix, water, butter, and eggs in a medium bowl and stir until a smooth dough forms.
- Roll dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper to ¼” - ⅓” thick.
- Cut into 12 4” squares and place on a baking sheet.
- Optional: Let rise 1 hour for best flavor.
- While the bread dough rises, boil your eggs to your liking. When they start boiling, take them off the stove and let them soak in cold water until they cool down. Once cool, chop into small pieces.
- Then, in a large mixing bowl, add your chopped eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, and pickle juice, and mix well.
- Add the curry powder, salt, pepper, and mix until combined.
- Set aside egg mixture in the refrigerator while you bake your keto flatbread.
- Take your keto flatbread squares and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
- Once cooled, add your egg salad in between two slices of Keto Flatbread and enjoy!