Need a festive side salad or delicious and healthy lunch? Then enjoy this seasonal salad! Shredded veggies topped with cranberries, seeds and nuts, this keto winter salad will be a staple in your small gatherings and holiday entertaining! Recipe + photo by @cleaneaterr
What You’ll Need:
- Handful of shredded lettuce
- Handful of Arugula
- ⅛ cup shredded red cabbage
- ⅛ cup shredded carrots
- Handful of cranberries
- 2 Tbsp edamame
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp Sliced almonds
- 1 Tbsp Sunflower seeds
- Grape tomatoes
For the Dressing:
- Sprinkle of oil
- 1/4 or 1/2 a lemon depending on what you like
- Dash of salt
For the Candied Pecans:
- 1 cup whole unroasted natural pecans
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp Wondrose Sugar Replacer
- First make the candied pecans - melt your butter in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add Wondrose and stir until dissolved.
- Add pecans, reduce heat to medium, and gently toss pecans until toasted (about 5 minutes)
- Watch the pecans closely, they can burn quickly.
- Transfer pecans to a plate and let cool.
- While the pecans are cooling, add lettuce and arugula or kale to a medium bowl.
- Add shredded carrot and cabbage as well as the rest of the toppings you prefer.
- Top with your desired amount of candied pecans.
- For the dressing, drizzle your olive oil, squeeze your lemon and sprinkle some salt and enjoy!
- You will have leftover pecans - break them up and store in an airtight container in the fridge.